A career in science opens up worlds of possibilities and is for people who are curious, passionate and looking for a way to be creative and productive. Science is fun and exciting, provides opportunities to travel the world, and enables you to make a difference to the planet and society.
Our courses range from the traditional science disciplines such as biology, chemistry and physics, to information technology, engineering, medical sciences, chiropractic, mathematics, statistics, and many other areas in between. We live in times of great innovation, opportunity and challenge. Our courses provide you with the opportunity to build a career that will be rewarding and satisfying.
Our Bachelor of Science degree with a choice of 25 majors in science offers maximum flexibility. You can tailor a program to suit your individual needs and interests.
Our named degrees provide a more structured study program. We have named degrees in areas where professional associations require particular course content to be covered to prepare students for future employment in their chosen profession. Our named degrees are:
- Bachelor of Biodiversity and Conservation
- Bachelor of Chiropractic Science
- Bachelor of e-Business
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Environment
- Bachelor of Health
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology – Games Design and Development
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences
- Bachelor of Planning
You may also decide to study a double degree which combines two separate degree programs that are studied at the same time such as the Bachelor of Engineering with a Bachelor of Commerce.
The Bachelor of Advanced Science is an elite program designed for gifted and talented students that has a strong research focus.
Growing emphasis is being placed on the development of generic skills as part of students' learning experience at all levels of study. Excellence in teaching is supplemented by the inclusion, in some programs, of guest lectures by industry experts. Other business and industry contributions include student internships, prizes for achievement in individual units of study, scholarships to support students during one or more years of study, and workplace-based student assignments for assessment towards units of study.
5 reasons to choose Science at Macquarie
- A wide range of study options with a focus on practical applications that reflect the knowledge and skills your future employers require.
- Program flexibility so you can construct a specific program of study tailored to your intended career.
- Teaching laboratories and instrumentation that provide hands-on experience of the highest calibre.
- Take advantage of our strong ties to industry through visiting lecturers, internships and industry advisory panels that take an active role in the development of your study programs.
- Be taught by leading researchers. These academics design and teach your programs of study and are actively engaged with, and highly respected by the national and international research community.